Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankful One

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. - Colossians 3:15


I'm thankful for a lot of things.  Today I am especially thankful that we're part of a glorious Bride, the Church.  We are colorful and varied; and even though our diversity sometimes leads to immature squabbling; as Christians we are all ultimately bound for the same destination.

Whatever place you find yourself in as a part of the Body of Christ, I encourage you today to be thankful for that fellowship.  Not all of my friends are believers, but all of my closest friends are and I am so incredibly blessed by those connections.

Having those close relationships, being able to depend on others, rejoicing together, worshiping together, ministering together, praying, crying, laughing, working . . . all of these things add up to the beautiful togetherness of the Body.  The Church.  That is indeed something each of us can be thankful for.  It is not the only cause for peace, but it is none-the-less, but these connections go a long way in helping each of us to let the peace of Christ rule in our hearts.

I know I'm not the only one thankful today, but for oh so many things I am a thankful one.

No comments:

Post a Comment