Friday, November 18, 2011

God's Kid


As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” – Matthew 3:16,17

It’s good being God’s kid.  I’m not really one that gets extremely wrapped up in the emotional side of my faith too much; but it’s hard to avoid some pretty strong emotion when I start thinking about the idea of God looking down at us and being pleased.  Of course, sometimes we fall really short of pleasing Him.  But it’s a great feeling knowing that because I have given my life and my heart to His service that He sees my life and is pleased.

If you’ve given your life to Christ He sees you and feels the same way.  You’re His son or His daughter and He looks on and says, “I love you, I am well pleased.”

Just a thought to think on next time you’re feeling unloved or underappreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment