Monday, November 21, 2011

Author

aerodynamic
Image by the pink sip via Flickr
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. -- Hebrews 12:2


I've been thinking a lot about this verse lately.  There are so many great theological implications caught up in it.   However, rather than diving off into some kind of theological discourse or discussion here, I want to share a song I wrote from it yesterday afternoon.


Author

Verse 1
Oh turn the page, a quiet place, write my life
Close the book the Lamb was slain
Words of grace, chapters of faith, all my days
Bought in blood, Oh empty grave

Chorus
Author of the Life I lead
You’re better than the breath I breathe
Higher than the peaks I reach
Brighter than the Lights I see

You’re bigger than the help I need
Stronger than the strength in me
Calmer than calmest peace
You’re louder than the songs I sing

Verse 2
You hold the pen, Oh ink sink in, seal my heart
Write words of light to break my dark
Create in me, the Bride You see, let Love be
A story told for all eternity

Bridge
You wrote me, You made me
I left You, You saved me

No comments:

Post a Comment