Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012's Rereads

I read the Bible through cover to cover annually, but I also enjoy revisiting some of the books that have meant a lot to me over the years.  Here's a quick list of some excellent books I plan to read again in 2012.  If you're looking for something challenging to read this year try one of these greats.

Wild at Heart 
by John Eldredge
Wild at Heart is one of my favorite books, ever.  I read it for the first time during a period of deep heartache and depression and it's encouraging message breathed a powerful breath of fresh air into my relationship with God.  This is a fantastic read for anyone and everyone.  Man or woman, you NEED to read this book.

Mere Christianity
by C.S. Lewis
Widely regarded by many as the best Christian book of the 20th century, this is a classic masterpiece of the faith.  You will want to own a copy for highlighting and all that fun stuff, but for a preview, you can read the entire volume here for free.

Radical 
by David Platt
The American Church is spoiled.  We have really mixed up our priorities in a big way, often to the point of idolatry.  David Platt's book does a great job of pointing out--not just the how's and why's of this--but also the way that you can begin to correct some of this in your own life.  This was the most challenging book I read in 2011, and that's why I'm reading it again this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment