Monday, December 12, 2011

God's Good

God's good stuff is better than my best stuff.

God's good, as in the good stuff that belongs to Him, which is basically anything that could really be called good.  You know, God's.  Not the contraction.  The possessive.  Not God+is.  Simply God's.

My best isn't best enough, or better enough, or good enough, or even really good.  And I know for all those pedantic kinds of peeps that last sentence caused much mental woe.

My most well-meaning moments are still flawed if not founded in Him and empowered by Him.  What I'm really trying to say here is:

My good is not good at all, and the only way for me to be good, is to be my best, which also is not mine; but His.  Confused yet?  I am.  It will always be baffling and boggling to my poor little brain.  I want to understand.  I want to get it, yet I can't.

So rather than ramble relentlessly I'll just wrap it up repiticiously.

God's good stuff is better than my best stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment